5 year limited mechanical guarantee on all Products
Delf Architectural guarantees to repair or replace a product if within five (5) years from the proven date of purchase any mechanical defects occur. The limited mechanical guarantee applies only when the product has been properly installed and subjected to no more than fair wear and tear. This guarantee does not extend to labour costs, personal loss, death or injury, or economic, consequential or property damage of any kind whatsoever.
This guarantee does not extend to any standard product finishes or special request finishes.
This Guarantee only applies to defects which have arisen solely from faulty materials or workmanship in the Product and does not apply to other defects which may have arisen as a result of, without limitation, to the following:
- Accidental damage, abuse, misuse, maltreatment, abnormal stress or strain of the Products
- Neglect of any kind in respect of the Product
- Fair wear and tear
- Installation or maintenance of the Products not in accordance with the instructions provided with the Products where applicable
- Damage to or deterioration of plated and or lacquered finishes – antique brass, antique silver, antique black, matt black, polished brass, satin chrome plate, brushed nickel, satin nickel, nickel plate, florentine bronze and oil rubbed bronze which are classified as soft finishes and are subject to deterioration under some environmental conditions.
- Alterations or repair of the Product other than approved by Delf Architectural are not covered by this Guarantee (for the avoidance of doubt, attachment of accessories or use of non genuine replacement parts other than those manufactured or approved by Delf Architectural are not covered).
- Costs incurred by the removal, replacement or installation of the Product are not covered by this Guarantee.
- Personal injury, property damage or economic loss, howsoever caused, will not be covered by this Guarantee.
Australian Consumer Law
In addition to this Guarantee, certain legislation (including the ACL) may give you rights which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. This Guarantee must be read subject to such legislation and nothing in this Guarantee has the effect of excluding, restricting or modifying those rights.
If Delf Architectural fails to meet a guarantee under the ACL, your recourse for such failure may be limited to any one or more of the following:
- replacement of the product;
- repair of the product;
- refunding the cost of the product;
- payment of reasonable costs of having the product repaired;
- payment in respect of the reduced value of the product.
As required by legislation, including the ACL, any claims for damage, or any consequential loss either directly or indirectly due to defects of any kind in a product will only be met by Delf Architectural where the damage or loss was reasonably foreseeable by Delf Architectural. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the AustralianConsumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Any defective product must be returned to the point of sale before replacement can be considered under the terms of this Guarantee. If the costs of returning any defective parts are excessive or unreasonable, please contact Delf Architectural 1300 362 625 so that we can arrange a collection (if considered appropriate in the circumstances).
Guarantee claims can be made at the point of sale or by posting, faxing or emailing any documentation that will support a Guarantee claim to Delf Architectural (contact details listed below) within 3 months of the appearance of a defect. Guarantee claims under this Guarantee must include the following details:
- Date of Purchase;
- Location of Purchase;
- Proof of Purchase;
- Contact Details
Delf Architectural contact details
Address: 289 Ingles Street Port Melbourne Vic 3207
Telephone: 1300 362 625
Fax: 1300 362 643